Hypnosis for Depression and Anxiety
Are you thinking about hypnosis for depression and anxiety? Looking for a hypnotherapist in Melbourne?
Depression and anxiety destroy lives. Both mental illnesses make sufferers feel helpless—there is a sense that there is no way out, and no chance of ever feeling happy and fulfilled. As awareness around mental illness grows, more and more resources are being poured into finding a cure for illnesses that grip so many members of our society.
Anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications are often used to help treat these illnesses but the side-effects can deepen depression and increase anxiety. A patient may present with signs of depression, only to learn that the medication they have been prescribed will lead to weight gain or sluggishness.
The problem with treating mental illness through medication is that these forms of treatment only address the symptoms rather than the root cause. It’s like prescribing Panadol for a broken arm—the pain may go away temporarily, but the bone will never knit.
People are turning to hypnotherapy as a way to take their life back form the clutches of anxiety and depression.
Most of us will experience periods of depression in our lives, which is why it’s so important to grasp the difference between clinical and ‘situational’ depression. Situational depression refers to a state of depression that is a result of the natural process of dealing with a traumatic event, such as the death of loved one. Clinical depression refers to a state of depression that seems to have no cause and, regardlessof how much time passes, the feelings of depression remain.
Anxiety is a terrible thing to live with and it can be associated with conditions such as Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as panic attacks, phobias and social anxiety. Sufferers often report feelings of restlessness, racing thoughts, muscle tension and difficulty sleeping.
If you suffer from depression or anxiety, you need help. It’s not something you should try and deal with alone.
How Depression and Anxiety Hypnosis Can Help You
Anxiety and depression both affect the way you think. If you suffer from depression, you may often feel as though they’re thinking through a fog—nothing is clear, everything is grey. If you suffer from anxiety, you may feel as though your thoughts are incredibly loud. Hypnotherapy works by shutting down the conscious critical thinking, so that the subconscious causes of these thoughts can be reached and treated.
The problem with anxiety and depression is that the more you sit and think the foggier your thoughts become. The more you try to calm your anxious thoughts the more ingrained they become. Your thought process gets stuck in a loop and no amount of logical thinking can unsew the seeds of depression and anxiety that are locked in your subconscious.
There is a way out of this loop. There was a time when you were happy, relaxed and free of worry and self-doubt you can get back there again. You can become the optimistic and forward-thinking person you want to be if you can shut down the loop.
Hypnotherapy can help you change your negative thought processes, recolour your perceptions and see through the fog of pessimism. It can also arm you with the power to create solutions to depressive thoughts, without having to engage in conscious thought patterns, which often derail attempts to reach positivity.
Hypnotherapy can tap into your subconscious to pinpoint triggers and suggest ways to bypass these triggers, so that your subconscious thoughts don’t grow into anxiety or depression.
Sam Javed can identify the limiting and destructive thoughts that create the depression and anxiety. He can pinpoint the triggers in your life and provide you with the strategies you need to confront these triggers and remove their destructive power.
A key part of hypnotherapy is undoing the self-sabotaging thoughts that have prevented progress in the past. The problem with these thoughts is we can’t access them, they’re locked away in our subconscious.
Hypnosis as a Way Out
Hypnotic techniques and language can offer you a way out, implanting important information in your subconscious to help you:
- Improve your coping skills and deal with stress more effectively
- Boost your self-confidence
- Move past negative experiences by shifting your perspective
- Increase your pain management by decreasing your pain perception
- Improve the quality of your sleep, as well as your sleeping habits
- Increase your motivation so you can lead a more active life
- Create optimistic thoughts about the future and remove negative self-suggestions
- Develop better decision-making processes so you can make choices that have a positive impact on your life.
Imagine The New You
The new positive, happy and stress-free you is within reach. You can enjoy a long, restful night’s sleep again. Your triggers won’t bother you in the same way we used to and you’ll find more triggers for positivity.
The new you will be full of energy. You’ll be well rested, less stressed and therefore better positioned to handle the everyday stresses that life throws at us.
You’ll notice the differences in every aspect of your life. You’ll love meeting people, you’ll love socialising. You’ll be able to open up more in your relationships and feel more comfortable being emotionally vulnerable.
Most of all, the inner positivity will give you more confidence and this confidence will shine through and have an effect on your outward appearance. People will notice the bounce in your step, the gleam in your eye and the way you light up a room.
How Depression and Anxiety Hypnosis Works
Our seven session program is the most effective way for our patients to deal with depression and anxiety:
- Identify and Analyse Subconscious Patterns: During the first session, we will gain a comprehensive understanding of your medical history and map out the trajectory of the program. We will work to identify and analyse the subconscious patterns that are behind your depression or anxiety.
- Let Go of Negative Emotions Permanently: Negative emotions can become trapped in the subconscious where they influence our day-to-day perceptions. We use hypnotic techniques and language to help you let go of these emotions.
- Retrain the Brain to Create Neural Pathways Easily: Blockages in neural pathways can make creating new, positive thoughts difficult. We use hypnosis to retrain your brain so that it can make connections easier.
- Control the Mind to Overcome Fear and Panic: Fear and panic can be overcome if you know how to control these emotions. Hypnotic techniques and suggestions will give you the power to control your mind and prevent fear and panic from controlling your life.
- Eliminate Limiting Beliefs and Discover Purpose: Depression and anxiety can remove our sense of purpose by reinforcing limiting beliefs. Through hypnosis you will get back in touch with what you can achieve,rather than being held back by reiterations of what you cannot do.
- Think Positive Thoughts to Boost Optimism: If you’ve been dealing with depression you’ve probably forgotten what it feels like to feel optimistic about something. Creating optimism is vital in fighting against both depression and anxiety and by filling your subconscious with optimistic thoughts and language you will boost your optimism.
- Deal with the Uncertainty of the Future: The future is always uncertain and for sufferers of depression or anxiety this uncertainty is often crippling. Hypnotic techniques and language can help you to accept, understand and deal with this uncertainty so it doesn’t get in the way of your ability to enjoy life on a day-to-day basis.
What Are The Outcomes Of Hypnosis in Melbourne?
- Hypnotic Therapy from an Accredited Practitioner: Victoria is full of unaccredited hypnotherapists. Sam Javed has received qualifications and accreditations from the only accredited hypnosis school in Melbourne, the Academy of Hypnotic Science. Training from this Institution has been approved by the Academy is a Registered Training Organisation, Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and that means you’re in the best hands possible with Sam Javed.
- Comprehensive Treatment Leading to Lifelong Change: Lifelong change doesn’t come about by tackling singular issues. Our problems are interconnected and that’s why Sam uses comprehensive treatment techniques to create the change you’re looking for.
- More Than Just Hypnotherapy: Sam’s lengthy experience allows him to be much more than a hypnotherapist. He is also a certified counsellor and life coach, meaning your time with Sam will provide you with the holistic treatment you need to remove all the subconscious thoughts that are preventing you from being the best you can be.
How to Get Started with Depression and Anxiety Hypnosis
Depression and anxiety are not conditionsyou have to accept. There is a natural way for you to overcome your negative and anxious state-of-mind and start leading a more fulfilling and positive existence.
If you or a loved one need help please call Melbourne hypnotherapist, Sam Javed on 0404 301 036.
When it comes to depression and anxiety, we are always here to help. Our number one priority is your mental health and well-being, not making a sale. Please don’t let your bank balance prevent you from making an appointment.
What a Difference You Made to My Life
I thought I would drop you a quick e-mail to say thank you for seeing me and to tell you what a difference it has made to my life since the time I had known you. If you remember, I saw you in winter 2008 when I felt a growing sense of depression, something that I had suffered from a few years earlier finding my girlfriend cheating on me. I told you that I had to endure years of counselling, with various therapists, they could help me identify some of the issues but were unable to show me how to deal with them. They would bring up all these issues that were causing me pain but did not show me how to deal with the pain. This caused me to become very depressed and unstable and I began to drink and take drugs again to hide from the pain. And as fate would have it I found you through (name with held). We met and you confidently assured me that a few sessions should be enough to set me back on the right track.Sometimes I remembered what you said and other times I would drift off, but always opened my eye on your request. The CD that you gave me has been a life saver for me, especially when I want to revert to my previous thinking pattern.
Terrence McCaine, Darwin
I Struggled For 20 Long Years—I Thought I Would Never Feel Normal Again
Thanks to your help, I’m doing really well. I struggled for 20 long years, I thought I would never feel normal again.Thank you so much. There’s no way I can ever repay you for your help!
Now I Know the True Value Of My Self
It’s difficult to express with words my gratitude for what you have done for me in the past few months. You are gifted with not only your talent for hypnotherapy but with warmth and empathy. It was a long and lonely road that led me to seek the help of a hypnotherapist and I am truly grateful that it led me to your chair.
It was such a relief to meet someone wanted to work with the part of me that wanted to start a new life and let go of all the things from the past that were holding me back for the last few years. I used to pretend to be ok thinking that if I will fake it I will be ok. Now I know the true value of myself. I have tears in my eyes as I write this message to you. But not to worry these are tears of joy that I am back to the way I used to be. Thank you so much. God bless you.
Cristine, Sao Paulo Brazil
Happy and Confident in the Future I Now Have
This feeling of happiness and confidence in the future that I have now is so intense that it’s difficult to believe that it’s real but it’s lasted for over four months NOW and I’m beginning to believe that it’s permanent. I used to think how could people live their lives, now I am looking at every problem from the future as a challenge that I am capable of handling with. I’ve been doing the exercises every day, so it feels like second nature to me now. You have given me my future back if that makes sense. Thank you.
It’s Difficult to Find the Words to Express My Thanks
It’s difficult to find the words to express my thanks for what you have done for me in the past few weeks. You are gifted with not only your talent for hypnotherapy but with warmth and empathy. It was a long road that led me to seek the help of a hypnotherapist and I am immensely grateful that it led me to you.It was such a relief to meet someone who didn’t rummage around in the sad parts of my mind but found and released the lightness and zest for living that had been out of use for so long.Thank you.
Hypnosis and Medication
Please note that we DO NOT suggest that you stop taking any medications without first seeking the advice of your doctor. ONLY a medical professional can diagnose you and decide whether you need medication.